We are delighted to announce that Pubble SaaS Ireland Ltd., the company behind chatify.com and reactlive.com, is now ISO 27001 Certified. This is a certification that we have been working towards for a while and are delighted to be able to announce that our first audit has concluded successfully.
As you may know, ISO 27001 is an ongoing process – it means that you buy into constantly auditing your processes and procedures to mitigate the risks, to the security assets that you hold.
The approved information security management systems, for Pubble SaaS Ireland Ltd., apply to the following:
The Development and Provision of Live Chat and Live Q&A Software as a Service.
We worked with QMS International Ltd. to achieve certification and will continue to work with them going forward.
Our certificate number is: 343112020. Our certificate is available to download here:
What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is the international standard which is recognised globally for managing risks to the security of information you hold. Certification to ISO 27001 allows you to prove to your clients and other stakeholders that you are managing the security of your information.
ISO 27001:2013 (the current version of ISO 27001) provides a set of standardised requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The standard adopts a process based approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, maintaining, and improving your ISMS.
ISO 27001 requires that management:
- Systematically examine the organisation’s information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts;
- Design and implement a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls and/or other forms of risk treatment (such as risk avoidance or risk transfer) to address those risks that are deemed unacceptable; and
- Adopt an overarching management process to ensure that the information security controls continue to meet the organisation’s information security needs on an ongoing basis.
Going through the ISO 27001 certification process has been very time consuming but at the same time, this has been time very well spent. We see two upsides to ISO 27001:
- External validation that you take your security obligations very seriously;
- It’s a great framework to review what and how you do things and how they could be improved.
BTW – If you are thinking about doing it for your organisation, I would definitely recommend it.
Thanks for reading!